Patrick J. Hogan, D.O.
Dr. Hogan has been in private practice since 1988 and is the current director of Puget Sound Neurology. He specializes in treating patients with movement disorders and migraines. He is passionate about providing integrative care to his patients emphasizing the need to combine lifestyle interventions with traditional medical treatment. He is a past president of the Pierce County Medical Society and has received many awards for his extensive community service, including work on the Tobacco Free Coalition of Washington as well as numerous support groups for patients with varying neurological conditions. Dr. Hogan's Parkinson's treatment program has also been granted national recognition as a Center of Excellence by the National Parkinson's Foundation. This honor recognizes the importance of a comprehensive approach to the quality of care provided to the movement disorder patient.
Dr. Hogan himself is an avid athlete, having competed numerous full and half marathons, full and half Iron-Man triathlons, as well as other endurance feats. He enjoys traveling, spending time with his children and Grandson and ballroom dancing with his wife Joan.
- Medical School: University for the Health Sciences, Kansas City, Missouri D.O. Degree
- Internship, Madigan Army Medical Center, Tacoma, Washington
- Neurology residency, Letterman Army Medical Center, UC San Francisco, California
- Movement Disorder training: See Curriculum Vitae
- Board Certification: American Board of Neurology and Psychiatry 1984 to present
- Director, Puget Sound Regional Movement and Motility Disorder
- Clinic Director, Tacoma Neurological Headache Center
- Board member, Healthy Community of Pierce County
- Officer of Washington State Neurological Society
- American Academy of Neurology (full member)
- Washington State Medical Association
- Pierce County Medical Association
- Northwest Society of Neurologists and Neurosurgeons
- Army Commendation Medal
- Army Meritorious Service Medal
- Washington Kick Butt Award (for commitment to tobacco control activity)
- Tobacco Free Washington Certificate of Appreciation
- Pierce County Community Service Award
- Dystonia Doctor of Excellence Award
- Washington State Health Department Health Champion for 2010 Award
- Best Doctors of Washington State, Washington Magazine 2010
- Washington State Dystonia Support Group
- Parkinson's Support and Education Group
- Puget Sound Regional Dystonia Education and Support Group
- Freedom from Smoking Support Group
- Tacoma Restless Leg Support Group
- Spasticity Treatment Program, St. Joseph's Medical Center
Dr. Hogan is the medical advisor for each of these groups and attends their meetings regularly.