The Migraine Diet Connection
Reactions to foods and food chemicals can play a key role in triggering migraines.
- When migraine pain is frequent and persistent
- When more than one medical problem is present
- When you are not getting the relief you want from medical treatment
Identifying reactivity to food can be frustrating since symptoms can occur 4 to even 96 hours after a food or chemical is ingested. In addition the types of food that trigger migraines are highly individual and usually involve more than one food or food chemical.
Implementing a process to avoid these foods and food chemicals has been demonstrated to improve the frequency and severity of migraine pain and in some situations eliminate migraines completely.
What can you expect from a migraine nutrition consultation
- Comprehensive review of your diet and medical history
- Blood test of your individual reaction to 150 food and food chemicals, with a greater than 90 % accuracy.
- Personalized elimination diet guidelines based on your blood test results.
- Intervention counseling for preventing inflammatory and non inflammatory migraine triggers
- Menu planning and recipes for a healthy diet to prevent migraine pain
- Individualized recommendations for nutritional supplements
- Restoration and Rotation diet building based on your individualized nutritional needs.
Schedule your initial consultation by calling 253-284-4488 (Puget Sound Neurology) www.food4lifecounseling.com