Tobacco Cessation Services
If you are a smoker, quitting smoking is the number one thing you can do to improve your health and well-being. The Integrative Health Center offers personalized tobacco cessation services led by Heidi Henson, a true expert in the field. HEIDI HENSON, MA, CTTS earned her Master of Arts degree in dance movement therapy - body-based psychotherapy - from Naropa University, Boulder, Colorado, 1992, and has provided tobacco cessation services to Pierce, Kitsap and King Counties since 2000. Heidi has worked in the mental health field since 1986 and is the retired Executive Director of Harbor Health & Wellness Center, Gig Harbor. In 2012 she earned her Tobacco Treatment Specialist certification from the Mayo Clinic Nicotine Dependence Program. We are pleased to offer her expert services here at Puget Sound Neurology and Integrative Health Center.
Some of Heidi’s accomplishments and experiences include:
- Providing tobacco dependence treatment and prevention services through Puget Sound Neurology, Auburn Valley YMCA and Franciscan Health System Freedom.
- Providing education and technical assistance through Tobacco-Free Alliance of Pierce County for Community Transformation Partnership.
- Developed and facilitated over forty tobacco cessation support groups since 2000, in King, Kitsap and Pierce counties, serving diverse community needs.
- Developed and offers Accelerate Your Quit workshops at Auburn Valley YMCA;
- Certified Basic Tobacco Intervention Skills trainer; Freedom From Tobacco support group facilitator trainer.
- Memberships: Co-chair of the Tobacco-Free Alliance of Pierce County; past board member of Healthy Communities of Pierce County; Washington State Public Health Association; Association for the Treatment of Tobacco Use and Dependence; Cross Cultural Collaborative of Pierce County; Tobacco Treatment Coalition of Seattle-King County.
- Workshop topics include tobacco dependence treatment and prevention, stress management, wellness practices, mental health, meditation, dance/movement therapy and authentic movement practice.
- Published articles on tobacco cessation and prevention in newspaper, magazines, newsletter and electronic media.
For appointments and more information:
Quit smoking and stop smoking services.